We are thrilled to announce that we will be hosting our 4th Empire State Barley and Malt Summit and will be doing so free for all virtually December 16, 2020! The Summit will bring together leaders in the New York State malting barley supply chain to provide:
- Research-based technical updates
- Best practices for success
- Supply-chain networking opportunities
The program will include keynote speakers Bart Watson (Economist, Brewer’s Association) and Jason Perkins (Founder and Brewer of Allagash Brewing) to discuss the state of craft brewing from local ingredients from national and Northeast regional perspectives. In addition a panel of New York State Brewers will discuss their approaches to using local ingredients, what they want in malt characteristics, and how they market all New York ingredient brews to their consumers.
The afternoon program will include updates from value chain sectors, to include technical updates from Cornell and Hartwick researchers and Extension agronomists. Of particular excitement this year will be the official naming of the new spring malting barley variety, developed through Cornell’s Born, Bred, and Brewed in NY barley breeding program! The Honorable Commissioner of NYS Dept. of Agriculture and Markets, Richard Ball, will announce the winning name.
December 16th, 2020
Who Should Attend?
- New York State malting barley growers and malt house operators
- Small grains growers interested in malting barley as a new crop
- Brewers and distillers that wish to better understand the growing and malting processes
- Industry support providers that work with growers, maltsters, and brewers